Who We Are
KinCare is a subcommittee of the Kootenai Alliance for Children and Families. Relatives as Parents (RAP) provides information and support to kinship care givers through sharing information and guest speakers. We stay aware of the laws and proposed legislation that impacts kin care givers and children.
**NEW** Check out our new Facebook Page for updates on meetings, newsletters, and events as well as resources in our community for Relatives as Parents. Click Here to check it out!
The Relatives As Parents (RAP) group meets the second Thursday of each month at Noon at the Jewett House, 1501 E. Lakeshore Dr. in Coeur d'Alene. We started meeting to have a place for parents raising relative children to get some help and know they are not alone. A light lunch is served and guest speakers share valuable information on applicable topics. (Hugs and listening ears also available.)
The RAP Mascot is the turtle. The turtle, like us and our children, has a hard shell to protect it from getting hurt, but the inside is soft, vulnerable and loveable. We must learn to stick our heads out of our shell and take a chance.
This powerful communication tool is packed full of information and is available to you at no charge. Email Glenda and request to receive the newletter via email or standard mail. Click here for the current KinCare Newletter.
• Develop community support for kin caregivers of children
• Develop a community network of resources
• Develop a community outreach for kin caregivers and children
• Provide education and information
• Advocate for supportive legislation that will empower kin care providers
• Sustain the Kootenai County KinCare Committee for the purpose of achieving these goals